- Car Racing
- High performance (R90)
- All products by vehicle (NEW)
- Brake pads & shoes
- Brake discs
- Oil Filters
- Air Filters
- Spark plugs
- Ignition device
- Cylinder and Piston Kits
- Installation videos
- Brake fluids
High performance (R90) - Brake pads - FDSR3039
Information about R90 Homologation
WHAT IS R90?
- Regulation 90 (R90) is a European standard which stipulates that all replacement brake pads sold in the EU for use in cars in production from 1999 onwards must be within +/-15% of the performance of the original equipment (OE) components which were sold with the vehicle
- R90 is both application and friction material specific – each pad shape in DS Performance has to be approved individually as a separate comparison with the OE set-up
WHY DOES R90 EXIST?
- The aim of this regulation is to ensure not only a minimum level of quality in such a safety critical component, but also that the replacement brake part is appropriate for the vehicle design
WHAT’S NECESSARY TO GET R90?
- The brake pad manufacturer (Ferodo) has the responsibility for assembling physical data on the parts. The manufacturer must then (if licensed to do so, as in Ferodo’s case) complete a series of prescribed vehicle tests on the target vehicle and submit them to one of the European bodies appointed to issue R90 approvals. Baseline comparative tests on the OE components are done at the same time.
- If the tests results demonstrate that the replacement pad is within 15% of the OE pad for all performance parameters and meets set requirements for pad physical properties, an R90 code will be issued. This process is known as homologation.
- R90 homologated pad sets must be supplied in axle sets in tamper proof boxes, which must carry clear details of the R90 approval, including the approval code and main vehicle applications
HOW DOES THE DS PERFORMANCE USER BENEFIT?
- R90 approval guarantees not only a pad which is safe & fit for purpose, but one which will operate as though it had been designed & specified by the vehicle manufacturer
WHY DO SOME PADS IN THE DS PERFORMANCE RANGE NOT HAVE R90?
- Those pads which fit pre-1999 models and models which are used exclusively outside of the EU do not require R90. The former cases are covered by the older KBA approval system, the latter by any current legislation in the respective markets. This second category covers the FDSE sub-range.
- Pads sets which fit brake upgrade kits cannot be homologated because there is no OE equivalent system with which to compare them. The FDSR pad sets fall into this category.
Also available in car racing: see FRP3039
|AP RACING||CP6230D54 (25 mm)|
Racing Calipers & Applications
|TA 6+ type - Th. 20mm|
|CP6230 - Th. 25mm|